Occupational training (subclass 442)
Who is this Visa for?
This visa is for foreign nationals to undertake occupational training in Australia.
What does this visa allow me to do?
Undertake workplace-based structured training programs relevant to your area of study or present occupation, or structured and supervised academic research in Australia on a temporary basis.
Basic requirements - organisation
An Australian based organisation can nominate an occupational trainee if they:
- are an Australian business actively and lawfully operating in Australia; or
- are an Australian Commonwealth, State or Local government organisation; or
- are an Australian based international organisation with diplomatic status; and
- are financial and have the capacity to provide the training; and
- have a structured and supervised training program; and
- comply with nomination obligations; and
- have suitably qualified staff to provide the training
Basic requirements - trainee
The trainee must meet the following requirements:
- have been employed in their current occupation, studying or engaged in their field of expertise for at least the last 12 months (unless exceptional circumstances apply); or
- have recently graduated from a foreign educational institution and are seeking occupational training in a closely related field or undertaking research in their field of study (other than full time research towards a further qualification);
- be at least 18 years of age (unless exceptional circumstances apply);
- have sufficient English to undertake the training program and to ensure compliance with occupational health and safety requirements;
- have a genuine intention to undertake the occupational training program;
- have adequate health insurance;
- be of good health and character.
The visa is valid for the length of the approved course, up to a period of two (2) years. A second visa can be applied for if the training cannot be completed within the approved timeframe.
For further information please contact us