Short-stay business visas (subclass 456/459/651/956/977)
Who is this Visa for?
This visa is for applicants who wish to visit Australia for business purposes.
What does this visa allow me to do?
Visit Australia to undertake business activities for a period of up to three (3) months on each visit over a twelve (12) month period. Occasionally, the visa is granted for a lesser timeframe.
There are different requirements depending on the reason for your business visit and passport country. Generally applicants must:
- have a genuine need to visit Australia for business purposes;
- have personal attributes and an employment background relevant to their business visit;
- in some cases applicants must provide evidence of sufficient funds to cover costs for the duration of their stay in Australia;
- in some instances a letter of invitation by an Australian business may be required;
- in some instances you may need to supply evidence for the reason of your business visit including conference registration, letter from employer, employment contract, itinerary including business contact in Australia;
- meet health and character requirements;
- health/travel insurance is recommended.
For further information please contact us