Visitors/tourists (subclass 651/676/679/976)
Who is this Visa for?
People who wish to visit Australia for the purposes of a holiday, tourism, recreation, informal studies or to visit family members.
What does this visa allow me to do?
Visit Australia for non-work purposes for a period of up to three (3) months over the validity of the visa. In some situations applicants can apply for a long-stay visa valid for up to 12 months.
Basic requirements - organisation
There are different requirements depending on the visa type applied for. Generally applicants must:
- have a genuine need to visit friends or family in Australia, or for tourism or recreational purposes;
- have no outstanding debts to the Australian Commonwealth;
- in some cases applicants must provide evidence of sufficient funds to cover costs for the duration of their stay in Australia;
- be outside Australia on visa approval if outside Australia when lodged;
- be inside Australia on visa approval if inside Australia when lodged;
- in some instances be sponsored by a family member in Australia;
- meet health and character requirements;
- health/travel insurance is recommended.
For further information please contact us